Thursday 19 April 2012

Ch-ch-ch-changes #2

I can’t believe October was the last time I updated this. Suffice to say it’s been hectic.

But more than that I think I sort of lost the idea of the blog. I was so focused on writing about writing, or trying to write stories, I sort of backed myself into a corner. I have lots of thoughts. I like to write some of them down. I should just do that now.

So the blog is changing. I still have stories I’m writing. But I think this is more useful to me as a sort of diary. Isn’t that what blogs used to be about? Before they became vehicles for self-publicity or substitutes for magazines. So this isn’t meant to be proper articles or even stories or essays. It’s just thoughts. From my head. Which never stops. As my husband will tell you – he gets to sleep in about 30seconds, it takes me hours…

Today I’m mostly excited about a potential new job I might have. It’s been one of those weird things where it’s come out of nowhere and seems to be, if not perfect, very, very convenient. Which is a nice change because I’ve been starting to think that good things don’t happen to me. How wrong I have been…

Anyway, it looks like I’m going to be back in the world of PR, which is no bad thing for a brain that needs constant stimuli. I love radio, but it’s time to move on. I’m excited about my life revolving around my home, here in Leicester, rather than being stretched across my new and old life, travelling back and forth to Northamptonshire all the time. It will feel like, after more than two years, I’ve finally MOVED. In one place. Good for getting your head together.

That’s it for now. More may follow. Just heard this on BBC Six Music and love it:

No comments:

Post a Comment